Mighty Oaks Drop Close Game to Paul Smith's
Zimmerman scores 18 in loss
The ESF Mighty Oaks basketball team lost a close game at Paul Smith's College Jan. 11.
The Mighty Oaks ended the first half cold, shooting just 30 percent, and were behind 44-26 by halftime. They climbed back quickly, though, forcing six turnovers and pulled ahead, 60-59.
With less than two minutes to play, the score was tied at 71. But Paul Smith's pulled ahead, fueled by success at the foul line, as ESF came up short on two layups that would have evened the score, and the Bobcats walked away with a 79-73 victory.
ESF was led by junior Brett Zimmerman, who had a team high and season's best 18 points along with 8 rebounds. Freshman Sage Beemer chipped in 15 points and seven rebounds and sophomore Danny MacElrath turned in another double-double of 13 points, and 10 boards.
The Mighty Oaks will wrap up their inaugural varsity season at home against the New School at Christian Brothers Academy on Senior Day, Feb. 16.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210