Mighty Oaks Drop Close Game to Paul Smith's
Zimmerman scores 18 in loss
The ESF Mighty Oaks basketball team lost a close game at Paul Smith's College Jan. 11.
The Mighty Oaks ended the first half cold, shooting just 30 percent, and were behind 44-26 by halftime. They climbed back quickly, though, forcing six turnovers and pulled ahead, 60-59.
With less than two minutes to play, the score was tied at 71. But Paul Smith's pulled ahead, fueled by success at the foul line, as ESF came up short on two layups that would have evened the score, and the Bobcats walked away with a 79-73 victory.
ESF was led by junior Brett Zimmerman, who had a team high and season's best 18 points along with 8 rebounds. Freshman Sage Beemer chipped in 15 points and seven rebounds and sophomore Danny MacElrath turned in another double-double of 13 points, and 10 boards.
The Mighty Oaks will wrap up their inaugural varsity season at home against the New School at Christian Brothers Academy on Senior Day, Feb. 16.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210