Diane Brandli Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Dedication to improving interior environment honored
Diane Brandli was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2013 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Brandli is a New York state-certified interior designer and a Leadership in Environmental Energy and Design-accredited professional with over 30 years of experience, including four LEED-certified projects. As the owner of dbdesign, a New York state-certified Women's Business Enterprise, she consults on commercial projects both as a sustainability and interior design consultant.
For more than nine years she served as director of interior design at Ashley McGraw Architects with a focus on school districts, higher education and municipal clients; many of those projects have received design awards.
She is an adjunct professor at Syracuse University with the School of Visual and Performing Arts Interior Design Program, and Onondaga Community College in the Architecture & Interior Design Program. She is also an interior design instructor at OCM BOCES and an instructor for the ESF Outreach BEST Practices Workshop on Sustainable Design.
Her volunteer commitment includes service as a past president of the Upstate New York and Canada East Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers. She currently serves as the green schools committee chair for the USGBC New York Upstate Chapter. She is a founding member and current president of GreeningUSA, a local grass-roots organization dedicated to advocating for sustainable communities. In addition, she has served as an active member of the advisory council for New York State Green Building Conference for the past seven years.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210