Diane Brandli Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Dedication to improving interior environment honored
Diane Brandli was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2013 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Brandli is a New York state-certified interior designer and a Leadership in Environmental Energy and Design-accredited professional with over 30 years of experience, including four LEED-certified projects. As the owner of dbdesign, a New York state-certified Women's Business Enterprise, she consults on commercial projects both as a sustainability and interior design consultant.
For more than nine years she served as director of interior design at Ashley McGraw Architects with a focus on school districts, higher education and municipal clients; many of those projects have received design awards.
She is an adjunct professor at Syracuse University with the School of Visual and Performing Arts Interior Design Program, and Onondaga Community College in the Architecture & Interior Design Program. She is also an interior design instructor at OCM BOCES and an instructor for the ESF Outreach BEST Practices Workshop on Sustainable Design.
Her volunteer commitment includes service as a past president of the Upstate New York and Canada East Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers. She currently serves as the green schools committee chair for the USGBC New York Upstate Chapter. She is a founding member and current president of GreeningUSA, a local grass-roots organization dedicated to advocating for sustainable communities. In addition, she has served as an active member of the advisory council for New York State Green Building Conference for the past seven years.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210