Spotlight Put on Student Research & Outreach
Dr. Jerry Mead to be keynote speaker
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will focus on student research during its annual Spotlight on Student Research and Outreach April 10.
The event, held in the Gateway Center, will highlight student research. Posters will be on display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Poster presenters will be available to answer questions between noon and 2 p.m.
ESF's annual research symposium is a dynamic forum where graduate and undergraduate students create poster displays to share the results of their research and community service projects.
At 3 p.m., ESF alum Dr. Jerry Mead, assistant research professor in the Department of Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science at Drexel University, will present the keynote address. He has conducted research on Little Sandy Creek modeling stream dynamics and ecosystem structure and function which lead to a successful career as systems ecologist working on several high stakes issues in United States such as water resource planning and the impacts of mining Marcellus Shale on stream ecosystems. He has also worked on modeling water flow in other countries including Chili.
Awards will follow the keynote address with a reception to follow at 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Smith, chair of the Committee on Research, at email@example.com.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210