Men Finish First, Women Fourth in IT Invitational Race
Cleveland named Cross-Country Runner of the Week
The Mighty Oaks' cross-country season started for the men's and women's teams at the SUNY-IT Wildcat Invitational Aug. 31.
The ESF women's team placed fourth of the 14 teams in the competition with junior Kristen Campbell placing sixth overall. Other Mighty Oaks women who ran well included Jenny Frank, 23rd; Emily Martin, 28th; Allison Cronk, 36th; Lauren Lynn, 39th; Danielle Zgardzinski, 43rd; and Radka Yang, 59th.
The Mighty Oaks men successfully defended their first-place finish from last year.
The top ESF runner was Jon Cleveland who placed 2nd overall. Tom Acuri and Timmy Callahan took 3rd and 4th respectively. Close behind were Stephen Slonosky, 10th; Reed Scott, 14th; Peter LeDuc, 15th; and Taylor Yerrick, 27th.
The next race for both the men's and women's teams will be Sept. 7 at SUNY Oswego.
Cleveland earned Cross-Country Runner of the Week honors from the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association. He ran the six-kilometer race in 19 minutes, 51 seconds, improving his personal best from last year by 1 minute, 20 seconds.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210