Five Finalists Selected in Search for SUNY-ESF President
Candidates to visit campus through mid-October
A national search for a new president to lead the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has resulted in the selection of five finalists who will visit the campus during the next several weeks.
The candidates are:
' Dr. Mary Pearl
' Dr. Robert Prezant
' Dr. Quentin Wheeler
' Dr. Aldemaro "Al" Romero
' Dr. James Coleman
The new president will replace Dr. Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., who has announced his intention to step down from the presidency after 13 years.
"The next president of SUNY-ESF is in a select group of five individuals with outstanding credentials, accomplishments, personality and, most importantly, a passion for SUNY-ESF and our mission," said Vita DeMarchi, chair of the ESF board of trustees and co-chair of the presidential search committee. "Each of the candidates has contributed to our expectations and profile of what SUNY-ESF requires to further make a difference in a rapidly changing world."
All five finalists come from academic backgrounds.
Pearl is the associate dean and chief academic officer at Macaulay Honors College, City University of New York. Prezant is dean of the College of Science and Mathematics at Montclair State University in Upper Montclair, N.J. Wheeler is the founding director of the International Institute for Species Exploration at Arizona State University. Romero is dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of biological sciences at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, in Edwardsville, Ill. Coleman is dean of the College of Humanities and Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Campus visits will begin Sept. 30 and continue until Oct. 18.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210