Soccer: Women Bring Barkeater Cup Home
Men lose to Paul Smith's
The ESF Mighty Oaks women's soccer team scored a decisive victory Oct. 11 over Paul Smith's College in the annual Barkeater Cup game.
The Mighty Oaks brought the cup home with a 3-0 win over their rivals from the Adirondacks.
Goals were scored by freshman Heather Carl, assisted by junior Alyssa Johnsen; junior Bridget Cuddihy, assisted by junior Madison Cummiskey; and Johnsen.
"The entire team has played a huge role in their rise to the ranking as the best team in the nation," said Coach Daniel Ramin.
The men's team fought hard in their Barkeater Cup match as well but came up short in a 3-2 loss to Paul Smith's. Great efforts from senior Kyle Siegal and senior Ryan Graig led to an exciting game. Siegal and freshman Owen Hennigan scored ESF's two goals. The Mighty Oaks men are ranked ninth in the nation.
Both teams spent the evening at ESFs Newcomb Campus and assisted with a service project Saturday.
Play continues for both teams Monday, Oct. 14, against Onondaga Community College in the annual King of the Hill Cup match.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210