Soccer: Women Bring Barkeater Cup Home
Men lose to Paul Smith's
The ESF Mighty Oaks women's soccer team scored a decisive victory Oct. 11 over Paul Smith's College in the annual Barkeater Cup game.
The Mighty Oaks brought the cup home with a 3-0 win over their rivals from the Adirondacks.
Goals were scored by freshman Heather Carl, assisted by junior Alyssa Johnsen; junior Bridget Cuddihy, assisted by junior Madison Cummiskey; and Johnsen.
"The entire team has played a huge role in their rise to the ranking as the best team in the nation," said Coach Daniel Ramin.
The men's team fought hard in their Barkeater Cup match as well but came up short in a 3-2 loss to Paul Smith's. Great efforts from senior Kyle Siegal and senior Ryan Graig led to an exciting game. Siegal and freshman Owen Hennigan scored ESF's two goals. The Mighty Oaks men are ranked ninth in the nation.
Both teams spent the evening at ESFs Newcomb Campus and assisted with a service project Saturday.
Play continues for both teams Monday, Oct. 14, against Onondaga Community College in the annual King of the Hill Cup match.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210