ESF Hosts Engineering Camp For Young People
Workshops on water and geographic information systems
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry hosted an Engineering Camp, part of the national 'Learning for Life' organization administered by the Hiawatha Seaway Council of the Boy Scouts of America on Friday, July 24, 2009 with 38 campers taking part in workshops and lectures on water flow and geographic information systems.
The campers are middle and high school students. The workshops at ESF culminated a weeklong experience that included visits and seminars at several engineering companies in the Syracuse area.
The daylong program, 8AM - 4PM, included hands-on exercises in GIS and remote sensing technology plus taking measurements of water flow using the college's new hydrology lab.
All activities took place in Baker Laboratory. Workshops and lectures were conducted by Paul Szemkow, Mark Storrings, Dr. Jim Hassett, Mark Fabian, and Eben Pendleton.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210