ESF Launches Program Focused on UV/EB Technologies
Courses to assist business and advanced manufacturing
Radiation and energy curing is the focus of a new program offered by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
ESF, along with RadTech International North America, has launched the Radiation Curing Program (RCP). The program is comprised of three online courses and an advanced certificate.
Ultraviolet/ Electron beam (UV/EB) curing refers to a method coatings, inks, adhesives, composites and other materials may be cured as an alternative to traditional energy-intensive methods that create harmful emissions. These processes entail ultraviolet energy from a UV lamp and the focused electrons in EB to instantly cure/crosslink specially formulated chemistries, using less energy and at lower cost than conventional methods.
The RCP program was developed by a team of academic and experienced energy-curing practitioners to reflect current and emerging industry-relevant content and applications. RCP prepares upper-level undergraduate and graduate students (along with practicing professionals) in the science and technology of energy curing such as UV/EB processing.
The program is supported in part by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210