Mighty Oaks Menís Cross Country Team Are Third-time National Champs
Womenís team finishes with strong second place showing
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
The Mighty Oaks men's cross country team brought home their third United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Cross Country National Championship Nov. 8 at Drumlins. The ESF women's team finished with a strong second place showing.
The top three colleges in the men's 8K were ESF, Daeman College, Amherst, N.Y., and Dine College, Tsaile, Ariz. Also in the men's race, the overall fastest runner of the day was ESF team captain and junior Timmy Callahan with a time of 27:30. In the men's race four of the top 10 runners were from ESF.
Daemen College took first in the women's 6K race with ESF coming in a close second. Third place honors went to the University of Dallas, Texas. The top ESF woman finisher was senior Emily Martin.
More than 280 of the nation's best collegiate cross-country runners converged in Syracuse for the 2013 USCAA Cross Country National Championships. Athletes represented more than 50 colleges from across the United States at the two-day event happening at Drumlins Country Club. The USCAA Cross Country National Championships was hosted by ESF with assistance from the USCAA.
This marked the first time Syracuse was selected to host the USCAA Cross Country Championships.
The ESF men's team won the championship in 2011 and 2012, while the women's team has finished in the top five for the past three years. The USCAA Cross Country Championships are an open meet. Entry is open to all member institutions wishing to participate.
The USCAA Cross Country National Championships will take place in again Syracuse in 2014.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia Ė and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore ďCultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210