ESF Professor Honored By National Organization
Dr. Peter Black cited by American Institute of Hydrology
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF) Professor Peter E. Black will receive the prestigious Ray K. Linsley Award for outstanding contributions in surface water hydrology during the annual water symposium of the American Institute of Hydrology, to be held Aug. 30 through Sept. 2, 2009, in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Dr. Black is Distinguished Teaching Professor of Water and Related Land Resources, Emeritus, who has taught and conducted research at SUNY-ESF since 1965. He has taught courses and conducted environmental impact analyses across the United States and internationally in China, Chile, Spain, Nepal, and Australia, among others.
Since 'retirement' in 2000, Dr. Black continues to lecture and conduct workshops. He serves on the Skaneateles Lake Watershed Agricultural Program, New York City Watershed Agricultural Program, New York State Soil and Water Conservation Committee, and several other local, state, and national advisory committees.
In 2006, Dr. Black launched his radio career with a weekly, two-minute essay titled "Water Drops," celebrating the wonder of water in culture, law, history, policy, hydrology, and science, airing on NPR affiliate WRVO FM and available at As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210