ESF Professor Honored By National Organization
Dr. Peter Black cited by American Institute of Hydrology
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF) Professor Peter E. Black will receive the prestigious Ray K. Linsley Award for outstanding contributions in surface water hydrology during the annual water symposium of the American Institute of Hydrology, to be held Aug. 30 through Sept. 2, 2009, in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Dr. Black is Distinguished Teaching Professor of Water and Related Land Resources, Emeritus, who has taught and conducted research at SUNY-ESF since 1965. He has taught courses and conducted environmental impact analyses across the United States and internationally in China, Chile, Spain, Nepal, and Australia, among others.
Since 'retirement' in 2000, Dr. Black continues to lecture and conduct workshops. He serves on the Skaneateles Lake Watershed Agricultural Program, New York City Watershed Agricultural Program, New York State Soil and Water Conservation Committee, and several other local, state, and national advisory committees.
In 2006, Dr. Black launched his radio career with a weekly, two-minute essay titled "Water Drops," celebrating the wonder of water in culture, law, history, policy, hydrology, and science, airing on NPR affiliate WRVO FM and available at As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210