Dr. Murphy to Lead Commission
Consensus to look at improving local government
Former SUNY-ESF President Neil Murphy will lead a commission tasked with looking at every level of service in Onondaga County to position the area for success in the future.
Consensus, the commission launched by CenterState CEO, will look at ways to modernize government and make it more responsive, more cost effective and better at service delivery, according to CenterState.
Robert M. Simpson, CenterState president and CEO, said the region has nine times more local government entities than the national average: 4.2 units per 10,000 people compared to a national average of .47. Onondaga County, alone, is nearly double the national average.
Consensus will be led by Murphy, along with Catherine Richardson, who retired as an attorney with Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC; and former Congressman James Walsh.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210