Dr. Murphy to Lead Commission
Consensus to look at improving local government
Former SUNY-ESF President Neil Murphy will lead a commission tasked with looking at every level of service in Onondaga County to position the area for success in the future.
Consensus, the commission launched by CenterState CEO, will look at ways to modernize government and make it more responsive, more cost effective and better at service delivery, according to CenterState.
Robert M. Simpson, CenterState president and CEO, said the region has nine times more local government entities than the national average: 4.2 units per 10,000 people compared to a national average of .47. Onondaga County, alone, is nearly double the national average.
Consensus will be led by Murphy, along with Catherine Richardson, who retired as an attorney with Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC; and former Congressman James Walsh.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210