Dr. Murphy to Lead Commission
Consensus to look at improving local government
Former SUNY-ESF President Neil Murphy will lead a commission tasked with looking at every level of service in Onondaga County to position the area for success in the future.
Consensus, the commission launched by CenterState CEO, will look at ways to modernize government and make it more responsive, more cost effective and better at service delivery, according to CenterState.
Robert M. Simpson, CenterState president and CEO, said the region has nine times more local government entities than the national average: 4.2 units per 10,000 people compared to a national average of .47. Onondaga County, alone, is nearly double the national average.
Consensus will be led by Murphy, along with Catherine Richardson, who retired as an attorney with Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC; and former Congressman James Walsh.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210