Got Game? Series Continues at Historic Huntington Lodge
Adirondack Guide Joe Hackett speaks Feb. 1
The Northern Forest Institute (NFI) continues its Got Game? series Saturday, Feb. 1, at the historic Huntington Lodge on the Newcomb Campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
The Got Game? series is held 3 to 5 p.m. the first Saturday of each month from January through April. Each session features an open discussion on a different theme related to hunting, fishing, sportsmen and sportswomen.
February's event will feature a presentation by a long-time Adirondack guide, Joe Hackett. For more than 35 years Hackett has been providing traditional backcountry adventures for a loyal following of anglers who have an appetite for brook trout and the wild and remote places they call home.
Hackett will join a host of local anglers for the Got Game? series for his presentation, titled, "Dreaming of Ice Out: An Adirondack Angler's Perspective on Speckles and the Special Places They Can Be Found." Hackett will discuss an assortment of flies, lies, lures and tactics for the early season.
An accomplished outdoor writer, Hackett's stories are regularly featured in a variety of national and regional sporting publications, and he maintains a syndicated series of weekly outdoor columns that are published in more than a dozen North Country newspapers.
A chili dinner and light beverages will be provided; the cost is $5 per person. Registration is required for this event. Those wishing to register or obtain more information can call (518) 582-2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210