Got Game? Series Continues at Historic Huntington Lodge
Adirondack Guide Joe Hackett speaks Feb. 1
The Northern Forest Institute (NFI) continues its Got Game? series Saturday, Feb. 1, at the historic Huntington Lodge on the Newcomb Campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
The Got Game? series is held 3 to 5 p.m. the first Saturday of each month from January through April. Each session features an open discussion on a different theme related to hunting, fishing, sportsmen and sportswomen.
February's event will feature a presentation by a long-time Adirondack guide, Joe Hackett. For more than 35 years Hackett has been providing traditional backcountry adventures for a loyal following of anglers who have an appetite for brook trout and the wild and remote places they call home.
Hackett will join a host of local anglers for the Got Game? series for his presentation, titled, "Dreaming of Ice Out: An Adirondack Angler's Perspective on Speckles and the Special Places They Can Be Found." Hackett will discuss an assortment of flies, lies, lures and tactics for the early season.
An accomplished outdoor writer, Hackett's stories are regularly featured in a variety of national and regional sporting publications, and he maintains a syndicated series of weekly outdoor columns that are published in more than a dozen North Country newspapers.
A chili dinner and light beverages will be provided; the cost is $5 per person. Registration is required for this event. Those wishing to register or obtain more information can call (518) 582-2000 or email email@example.com.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210