Treehugger.com Ranks ESF among Nations Top 10 Environmental Programs
College cited for field stations, research
SUNY-ESF is listed among the 10 best college environmental programs in the nation by Treehugger.com, a website devoted to sustainability and environmental news.
Treehugger states the colleges on the list "earn an A-plus for the education, experience, and research opportunities they provide."
ESF, which is second in Treehugger's list, is highlighted for its extensive network of field stations. Treehugger describes the College's forested lands as "more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate programs choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering."
The College's research projects also earn praise. Treehugger notes that faculty members work on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology and genetic engineering - around the world.
Recent ESF News
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210