Bogucz Honored as Green Building Advocate
CoE director receives award during NY State Green Building Conference
Dr. Edward Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems (Syracuse CoE), was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2014 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented by the conference advisory council to an individual who is actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Bogucz received the award Friday, March 28, during the 12th annual conference. The conference is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter and the Syracuse CoE.
Bogucz served as dean of engineering and computer science at Syracuse University, and has teaching and research expertise in fluid dynamics, energy systems, computational methods and multidisciplinary design.
He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University; his master's degree in heat transfer engineering from Imperial College, University of London; and his doctorate in mechanical engineering from Lehigh.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210