Bogucz Honored as Green Building Advocate
CoE director receives award during NY State Green Building Conference
Dr. Edward Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems (Syracuse CoE), was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2014 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented by the conference advisory council to an individual who is actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Bogucz received the award Friday, March 28, during the 12th annual conference. The conference is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter and the Syracuse CoE.
Bogucz served as dean of engineering and computer science at Syracuse University, and has teaching and research expertise in fluid dynamics, energy systems, computational methods and multidisciplinary design.
He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University; his master's degree in heat transfer engineering from Imperial College, University of London; and his doctorate in mechanical engineering from Lehigh.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210