Women's Soccer Wins Big at NHTI Invitational
Mighty Oaks dominate both games
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team started the 2014-15 season on a high note over Labor Day weekend, earning an easy win over Fisher College of Boston, 7-0 in, the first game of the NHTI Invitational Tournament.
Makayla McCormick led the scoring attack with a hat trick. Additional goals were scored by Bryony Striffler, Heather Carl and Bridget Cuddihy, who had two goals. Keepers Kiki Hilmer and Megan Herbst each had two saves.
It was the same story in the championship game versus Unity College of Maine. The Mighty Oaks dominated right from the start, easily winning 6-0. Goals were scored by Bryony Striffler, who netted two, and Ashley Miller, Carl, Kyna Sanchez, and Ashley Miller. Keepers Hilmer and Herbst both locked down the net, notching two and three saves each.
"We controlled the field throughout the tournament, allowing the other teams hardly any chances and really started the season out right," said Hilmer, a sophomore.
Miller was named the tournament MVP while Striffler won the outstanding offensive player award. Carl made the all-tournament team.
The women's team looks to continue its dominance Sept. 7 in New York City with a game against SUNY Maritime.
Recent ESF News
- Is Water Quality in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210