Men's Soccer Team Continues Its Winning Ways
Team defeats Berkeley College on the road 5-2
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team continued its winning ways, winning its fourth straight game as it defeatd Berkeley College, 5-2, on the road in Brooklyn, N.Y., Sept. 6.
Leading the team in goals was sophomore Zack Reda with a hat trick. Goals were also scored by senior Captain Dillion Buchberg and sophomore Owen Hennigan.
The first half was hard fought with the Mighty Oaks dominating most of the half but ending up with a 2-2 tie at half time. The second half began with physical play by both teams. Hennigan put the Mighty Oaks ahead permanently with a beautiful chip shot over the goalie at the 41st minute. Great performances were had by senior Captain Kyle Bardwell with three assists and junior Captain Rob Hamm with one assist.
Hamm was enthusiastic about the game's outcome, saying, "Our momentum carried over into this game from the last wins and we will continue to use that motivation in the future."
The Mighty Oaks' next game is at home versus SUNY Delhi at 3 p.m. Sept. 13.
Recent ESF News
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210