Men's Soccer Team Continues Its Winning Ways
Team defeats Berkeley College on the road 5-2
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team continued its winning ways, winning its fourth straight game as it defeatd Berkeley College, 5-2, on the road in Brooklyn, N.Y., Sept. 6.
Leading the team in goals was sophomore Zack Reda with a hat trick. Goals were also scored by senior Captain Dillion Buchberg and sophomore Owen Hennigan.
The first half was hard fought with the Mighty Oaks dominating most of the half but ending up with a 2-2 tie at half time. The second half began with physical play by both teams. Hennigan put the Mighty Oaks ahead permanently with a beautiful chip shot over the goalie at the 41st minute. Great performances were had by senior Captain Kyle Bardwell with three assists and junior Captain Rob Hamm with one assist.
Hamm was enthusiastic about the game's outcome, saying, "Our momentum carried over into this game from the last wins and we will continue to use that motivation in the future."
The Mighty Oaks' next game is at home versus SUNY Delhi at 3 p.m. Sept. 13.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210