Women's Soccer Team Overwhelm SUNY Maritime
Mighty Oaks build 6-0 lead by halftime
The SUNY Maritime Privateers proved no match for the Mighty Oaks as the women's soccer team breezed through with a 9-0 win over SUNY Maritime at Reinhart Field in the Bronx Sept. 7.
The Mighty Oaks were led by sophomore Heather Carl's three goals. Two goals were added by Makayla McCormick. Goals were also scored by team Captain Bridget Cuddihy, Bryony Striffler, Shannon Gordinier and Giselle Schrieber.
In goal, the duo of Kiki Hilmer and Megan Herbst provided a shutout for the Mighty Oaks.
The Mighty Oaks came out quickly with a shot on goal within the first 20 seconds of the game.
At the 7:26 mark of the first half, Carl opened the scoring with a quick strike off a free kick from Captain Madison Cummiskey, a defender. The Mighty Oaks added five more goals in the half to take a 6-0 lead into the halftime break. Shots at that point were 18-1.
"Today's game showcased our team's strengths and composure on the field. It was a great win to have before our upcoming games." said Cummiskey.
The women's soccer team takes the field again at home Sept. 13, 1pm versus SUNY Delhi.
Recent ESF News
- Is Water Quality in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210