Women's Soccer Team Overwhelm SUNY Maritime
Mighty Oaks build 6-0 lead by halftime
The SUNY Maritime Privateers proved no match for the Mighty Oaks as the women's soccer team breezed through with a 9-0 win over SUNY Maritime at Reinhart Field in the Bronx Sept. 7.
The Mighty Oaks were led by sophomore Heather Carl's three goals. Two goals were added by Makayla McCormick. Goals were also scored by team Captain Bridget Cuddihy, Bryony Striffler, Shannon Gordinier and Giselle Schrieber.
In goal, the duo of Kiki Hilmer and Megan Herbst provided a shutout for the Mighty Oaks.
The Mighty Oaks came out quickly with a shot on goal within the first 20 seconds of the game.
At the 7:26 mark of the first half, Carl opened the scoring with a quick strike off a free kick from Captain Madison Cummiskey, a defender. The Mighty Oaks added five more goals in the half to take a 6-0 lead into the halftime break. Shots at that point were 18-1.
"Today's game showcased our team's strengths and composure on the field. It was a great win to have before our upcoming games." said Cummiskey.
The women's soccer team takes the field again at home Sept. 13, 1pm versus SUNY Delhi.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210