Men's Soccer Team Loses a Heartbreaker to OCC
'King of the Hill' title gets away in final seconds
The ESF men's soccer team was defeated by Onondaga Community College, 3-2, in the annual King of the Hill Cup Sept. 22.
The Mighty Oaks got off to a quick start with a goal by Owen Hennigan nearly four minutes into the game. The first half was evenly matched and OCC tied up the score off a rebound at the 30-minute mark. At halftime, the score was tied 1-1.
The momentum in the beginning of the second half belonged to OCC, with the Lazers scoring on a penalty kick in the 62nd minute. The Mighty Oaks refused to give up, constantly pressuring and attacking the OCC defense until a penalty kick was awarded to ESF and punched in by Kyle Bardwell at the 84th minute.
Unfortunately a defensive lapse by ESF in the waning seconds gave OCC a free kick, which it converted into the game-winning goal.
The men's soccer team looks to get back on the winning track Sept. 24 when it faces Penn College.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210