ESF Professor Elected ASLA officer
Richard Hawks to serve two-year term as vice president
Richard S. Hawks of Syracuse, chair of the ESF Department of Landscape Architecture, was elected to a two-year term as vice president of the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA).
A graduate of ESF and the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, Hawks joined the ESF faculty in 1979 following staff assignments as research assistant and research associate at Harvard. He has been department chair since 1988.
Hawks has numerous professional publications to his credit and is a popular invited lecturer on aspects of design and design education. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects, a member of the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture, and Sigma Lambda Alpha, the landscape architecture honorary.
Founded in 1899, ASLA is the national professional association for landscape architects, representing 17,000 members in 48 professional chapters and 68 student chapters. The society's mission is to lead, educate, and participate in the careful stewardship, wise planning, and artful design of our cultural and natural environments.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210