Men's Soccer Team Falls to Penn College in Double OT
Senior keeper Mike Walczyk has 6 saves
The ESF men's soccer team fell to the Pennsylvania College of Technology Wildcats 1-0 in double overtime Sept. 24 at Solvay High School.
The Wildcats came out strong, outshooting the Mighty Oaks 14-9. The Mighty Oaks' defense denied the early onslaught of shots.
The game was a physical contest for both teams, yielding four yellow cards throughout the game and a red card against senior Captain Kyle Bardwell that forced the Mighty Oaks to play a man down for the last 20 minutes.
Penn took advantage of the mismatch and scored the game-winning goal at the 102nd minute.
"This game was about composure and finishing, two things we need to improve. We had some positive play and possession but those things alone don't score goals" said Head Coach Dan Ramin.
Despite the recent string of difficultdefeats, the men's soccer team remains confident and looks to get a win on the road against Keuka College Oct. 1.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210