Men's Soccer Team Falls to Penn College in Double OT
Senior keeper Mike Walczyk has 6 saves
The ESF men's soccer team fell to the Pennsylvania College of Technology Wildcats 1-0 in double overtime Sept. 24 at Solvay High School.
The Wildcats came out strong, outshooting the Mighty Oaks 14-9. The Mighty Oaks' defense denied the early onslaught of shots.
The game was a physical contest for both teams, yielding four yellow cards throughout the game and a red card against senior Captain Kyle Bardwell that forced the Mighty Oaks to play a man down for the last 20 minutes.
Penn took advantage of the mismatch and scored the game-winning goal at the 102nd minute.
"This game was about composure and finishing, two things we need to improve. We had some positive play and possession but those things alone don't score goals" said Head Coach Dan Ramin.
Despite the recent string of difficultdefeats, the men's soccer team remains confident and looks to get a win on the road against Keuka College Oct. 1.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210