Men's Soccer Team Falls to Penn College in Double OT
Senior keeper Mike Walczyk has 6 saves
The ESF men's soccer team fell to the Pennsylvania College of Technology Wildcats 1-0 in double overtime Sept. 24 at Solvay High School.
The Wildcats came out strong, outshooting the Mighty Oaks 14-9. The Mighty Oaks' defense denied the early onslaught of shots.
The game was a physical contest for both teams, yielding four yellow cards throughout the game and a red card against senior Captain Kyle Bardwell that forced the Mighty Oaks to play a man down for the last 20 minutes.
Penn took advantage of the mismatch and scored the game-winning goal at the 102nd minute.
"This game was about composure and finishing, two things we need to improve. We had some positive play and possession but those things alone don't score goals" said Head Coach Dan Ramin.
Despite the recent string of difficultdefeats, the men's soccer team remains confident and looks to get a win on the road against Keuka College Oct. 1.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210