Women's Soccer Team Falls in Overtime
Goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer makes 15 saves in the net
The ESF women's soccer team suffered its first loss of the season Sept. 28, losing in overtime to the defending USCAA national champions, the University of Maine - Fort Kent Lady Bengals, at CNY Family Sports Center.
The game started off evenly matched with a lot of back and forth by both teams on offense and defense. The Mighty Oaks opened the scoring at the 28th minute with a blast from outside the box by sophomore Heather Carl. University of Maine - Fort Kent responded, creating several shots, but goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer made some timely saves to keep the score 1-0 at half time.
The Mighty Oaks opened the second half with a quick goal by Carl assisted by Shannon Gordinier, making the score 2-0. The Lady Bengals would not back down, eventually scoring two goals in the 70th and 80th minutes to tie up the score and send the game into sudden death overtime. The Lady Bengals were able to knock in the winning goal three minutes into overtime play.
The ESF women's soccer team look to get back on the winning track Oct. 5 at Alfred State.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along Californiaís Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESFís Bachelorís in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellorís Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210