Mighty Oaks Men Lose Soccer Game to Cazenovia in OT
Bardwell leads ESF with three goals
It was a shoot-out at Christakos Field at Cazenovia College Oct. 14.
The Mighty Oaks got on the board first with a goal by senior Kyle Bardwell at the 16-minute mark. The Wildcats proceeded to score two more goals of their own. Bardwell knocked in another goal at the 36-minute mark tying up the score 2-2. Cazenovia answered with another goal, making the score 3-2 at half time.
The second half offered more of the same, with both teams asserting their goal-scoring prowess. The Wildcats opened up the scoring in the second half with a goal at the 10-minute mark ,putting the Wildcats up 4-2. The Mighty Oaks responded with two unanswered goals of their own, one by sophomore Owen Henningan at the 18-minute mark and another by Bardwell, his third goal of the game and seventh of the season, off a beautiful assist from Jeff McKinley at the 27-minute mark of the second half, tying up the game 4-4 even.
The game then went into overtime, a familiar scenario for the Mighty Oaks, for whom it was the third overtime game of the season. Unfortunately the Wildcats struck at the seven-minute mark in overtime with a goal to seal the win for Cazenovia.
The men's soccer team will be on the road at Morrisville Oct. 17.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210