Mighty Oaks Men Lose Soccer Game to Cazenovia in OT
Bardwell leads ESF with three goals
It was a shoot-out at Christakos Field at Cazenovia College Oct. 14.
The Mighty Oaks got on the board first with a goal by senior Kyle Bardwell at the 16-minute mark. The Wildcats proceeded to score two more goals of their own. Bardwell knocked in another goal at the 36-minute mark tying up the score 2-2. Cazenovia answered with another goal, making the score 3-2 at half time.
The second half offered more of the same, with both teams asserting their goal-scoring prowess. The Wildcats opened up the scoring in the second half with a goal at the 10-minute mark ,putting the Wildcats up 4-2. The Mighty Oaks responded with two unanswered goals of their own, one by sophomore Owen Henningan at the 18-minute mark and another by Bardwell, his third goal of the game and seventh of the season, off a beautiful assist from Jeff McKinley at the 27-minute mark of the second half, tying up the game 4-4 even.
The game then went into overtime, a familiar scenario for the Mighty Oaks, for whom it was the third overtime game of the season. Unfortunately the Wildcats struck at the seven-minute mark in overtime with a goal to seal the win for Cazenovia.
The men's soccer team will be on the road at Morrisville Oct. 17.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210