Men's Soccer Team Defeats Broome Community College
Final game for 5 seniors
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team ended the 2014 season on a winning note with a victory over the Hornets of Broome Community College, 3-0.
Junior Chris Bocher opened up the scoring early in the first half. The Hornets looked to respond, creating several scoring chances that were thwarted by senior goalkeeper Mike Walczk, giving the Mighty Oaks a 1-0 lead at halftime.
The Mighty Oaks came out fired up in the second half, netting quick goals by sophomores Chris Peretti and Owen Hennigan. With a 3-0 lead, the Mighty Oaks never looked back.
"The young guys really stepped up today. I am proud of them and look forward to their continued success in the coming years" said senior Captain Kyle Bardwell.
This match marks the final game for seniors Bardwell, Eli Wildey, Dillon Buchberg, Ian Kenney and Mike Walczyk.
The men's soccer team finished its season with a winning record of 9-7.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210