Men's Soccer Team Defeats Broome Community College
Final game for 5 seniors
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team ended the 2014 season on a winning note with a victory over the Hornets of Broome Community College, 3-0.
Junior Chris Bocher opened up the scoring early in the first half. The Hornets looked to respond, creating several scoring chances that were thwarted by senior goalkeeper Mike Walczk, giving the Mighty Oaks a 1-0 lead at halftime.
The Mighty Oaks came out fired up in the second half, netting quick goals by sophomores Chris Peretti and Owen Hennigan. With a 3-0 lead, the Mighty Oaks never looked back.
"The young guys really stepped up today. I am proud of them and look forward to their continued success in the coming years" said senior Captain Kyle Bardwell.
This match marks the final game for seniors Bardwell, Eli Wildey, Dillon Buchberg, Ian Kenney and Mike Walczyk.
The men's soccer team finished its season with a winning record of 9-7.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210