Men's Soccer Team Defeats Broome Community College
Final game for 5 seniors
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team ended the 2014 season on a winning note with a victory over the Hornets of Broome Community College, 3-0.
Junior Chris Bocher opened up the scoring early in the first half. The Hornets looked to respond, creating several scoring chances that were thwarted by senior goalkeeper Mike Walczk, giving the Mighty Oaks a 1-0 lead at halftime.
The Mighty Oaks came out fired up in the second half, netting quick goals by sophomores Chris Peretti and Owen Hennigan. With a 3-0 lead, the Mighty Oaks never looked back.
"The young guys really stepped up today. I am proud of them and look forward to their continued success in the coming years" said senior Captain Kyle Bardwell.
This match marks the final game for seniors Bardwell, Eli Wildey, Dillon Buchberg, Ian Kenney and Mike Walczyk.
The men's soccer team finished its season with a winning record of 9-7.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210