Men's Soccer Team Defeats Broome Community College
Final game for 5 seniors
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team ended the 2014 season on a winning note with a victory over the Hornets of Broome Community College, 3-0.
Junior Chris Bocher opened up the scoring early in the first half. The Hornets looked to respond, creating several scoring chances that were thwarted by senior goalkeeper Mike Walczk, giving the Mighty Oaks a 1-0 lead at halftime.
The Mighty Oaks came out fired up in the second half, netting quick goals by sophomores Chris Peretti and Owen Hennigan. With a 3-0 lead, the Mighty Oaks never looked back.
"The young guys really stepped up today. I am proud of them and look forward to their continued success in the coming years" said senior Captain Kyle Bardwell.
This match marks the final game for seniors Bardwell, Eli Wildey, Dillon Buchberg, Ian Kenney and Mike Walczyk.
The men's soccer team finished its season with a winning record of 9-7.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210