Men's Basketball Team Tops Broome Community College
Junior Sage Beemer leads the Mighty Oaks with 16 points
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team started the season off with a hard-fought win against the Hornets of Broome Community College Nov. 1.
The first half was close most of the way. ESF was led by strong play from junior Austin Duncan and sophomore Jacob Ball. The Hornets went on a run toward the end of the first half to take a 35-31 lead at the half.
At the start of the second half, a three pointer by senior Suthod Young set the pace for the Mighty Oaks as they fought back to take the lead and eventually pulled away, winning the game 81-68. Junior Sage Beemer lead the Mighty Oaks in scoring with 16 points.
The men's basketball team takes the court again Nov. 5 against Onondaga Community College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210