Men's Basketball Team Tops Broome Community College
Junior Sage Beemer leads the Mighty Oaks with 16 points
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team started the season off with a hard-fought win against the Hornets of Broome Community College Nov. 1.
The first half was close most of the way. ESF was led by strong play from junior Austin Duncan and sophomore Jacob Ball. The Hornets went on a run toward the end of the first half to take a 35-31 lead at the half.
At the start of the second half, a three pointer by senior Suthod Young set the pace for the Mighty Oaks as they fought back to take the lead and eventually pulled away, winning the game 81-68. Junior Sage Beemer lead the Mighty Oaks in scoring with 16 points.
The men's basketball team takes the court again Nov. 5 against Onondaga Community College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210