OCC downs ESF in Men's Basketball
OCC dominates the second half to pull away from the Mighty Oaks
The Onondaga Community College Lasers topped the Mighty Oaks of ESF 85-56 Nov. 5 at Allyn Hall.
Both teams got off to a slow start, exchanging three pointers to open up the game but going almost six minutes without scoring. A three pointer by the Mighty Oaks broke the scoring drought as both teams started to find their rhythm. The Lasers pulled ahead towards the end of the first half. However, a combination of strong defensive pressure by senior Matt Kowalski and a three pointer by sophomore Dan Treadwell in the waning seconds of the half, fueled a 14-6 run by the Mighty Oaks to go into halftime down by two, 38-36.
OCC came out fast, going on a 7-0 run at the start of the second half. OCC continued to outscore ESF 14-2, pulling ahead 50-38. The Mighty Oaks were able to cut the lead down to eight but another OCC run ended ESF's chances of capturing the lead.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell lead the Mighty Oaks with 12 points. Senior Suthod Young had eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks are back in action Nov. 8 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210