OCC downs ESF in Men's Basketball
OCC dominates the second half to pull away from the Mighty Oaks
The Onondaga Community College Lasers topped the Mighty Oaks of ESF 85-56 Nov. 5 at Allyn Hall.
Both teams got off to a slow start, exchanging three pointers to open up the game but going almost six minutes without scoring. A three pointer by the Mighty Oaks broke the scoring drought as both teams started to find their rhythm. The Lasers pulled ahead towards the end of the first half. However, a combination of strong defensive pressure by senior Matt Kowalski and a three pointer by sophomore Dan Treadwell in the waning seconds of the half, fueled a 14-6 run by the Mighty Oaks to go into halftime down by two, 38-36.
OCC came out fast, going on a 7-0 run at the start of the second half. OCC continued to outscore ESF 14-2, pulling ahead 50-38. The Mighty Oaks were able to cut the lead down to eight but another OCC run ended ESF's chances of capturing the lead.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell lead the Mighty Oaks with 12 points. Senior Suthod Young had eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks are back in action Nov. 8 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210