Men's Basketball Loses Close Game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The men's basketball team dropped a close game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 81-83 Nov. 8.
The Mighty Oaks controlled most of the first half cruising to a 42-34 half time lead.
At the start of the second half, the Mighty Oaks built on its lead going up as many as 18 points with 10:50 left to play. The Nittany Lions began a full-court press, slowly chipping away at the Mighty Oaks' lead, getting it down to 13, 72-57 with five minutes left to play. The stifling press led to four more Mighty Oaks turnovers and tied up the game, 72-72 with two minutes left to play. Penn State Wilkes-Barre managed to take the lead, 81-77 with a minute to play. ESF sophomore Dan Treadwell hit a three pointer with nine seconds remaining to pull the Mighty Oaks within one, 81-80. ESF fouled Penn State Wilkes-Barre on the ensuing possession. Penn State Wilkes-Barre hit both free throws to go up 83-80. Junior Austin Duncan's three pointer to tie the game at the buzzer rimmed out.
The men's basketball team falls to 1-2 and will be back in action Nov. 15 at Alfred University.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210