Men's Basketball Loses Close Game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The men's basketball team dropped a close game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 81-83 Nov. 8.
The Mighty Oaks controlled most of the first half cruising to a 42-34 half time lead.
At the start of the second half, the Mighty Oaks built on its lead going up as many as 18 points with 10:50 left to play. The Nittany Lions began a full-court press, slowly chipping away at the Mighty Oaks' lead, getting it down to 13, 72-57 with five minutes left to play. The stifling press led to four more Mighty Oaks turnovers and tied up the game, 72-72 with two minutes left to play. Penn State Wilkes-Barre managed to take the lead, 81-77 with a minute to play. ESF sophomore Dan Treadwell hit a three pointer with nine seconds remaining to pull the Mighty Oaks within one, 81-80. ESF fouled Penn State Wilkes-Barre on the ensuing possession. Penn State Wilkes-Barre hit both free throws to go up 83-80. Junior Austin Duncan's three pointer to tie the game at the buzzer rimmed out.
The men's basketball team falls to 1-2 and will be back in action Nov. 15 at Alfred University.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210