Men's Basketball Loses Close Game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The men's basketball team dropped a close game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 81-83 Nov. 8.
The Mighty Oaks controlled most of the first half cruising to a 42-34 half time lead.
At the start of the second half, the Mighty Oaks built on its lead going up as many as 18 points with 10:50 left to play. The Nittany Lions began a full-court press, slowly chipping away at the Mighty Oaks' lead, getting it down to 13, 72-57 with five minutes left to play. The stifling press led to four more Mighty Oaks turnovers and tied up the game, 72-72 with two minutes left to play. Penn State Wilkes-Barre managed to take the lead, 81-77 with a minute to play. ESF sophomore Dan Treadwell hit a three pointer with nine seconds remaining to pull the Mighty Oaks within one, 81-80. ESF fouled Penn State Wilkes-Barre on the ensuing possession. Penn State Wilkes-Barre hit both free throws to go up 83-80. Junior Austin Duncan's three pointer to tie the game at the buzzer rimmed out.
The men's basketball team falls to 1-2 and will be back in action Nov. 15 at Alfred University.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210