Men's Basketball Loses Close Game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The men's basketball team dropped a close game to Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 81-83 Nov. 8.
The Mighty Oaks controlled most of the first half cruising to a 42-34 half time lead.
At the start of the second half, the Mighty Oaks built on its lead going up as many as 18 points with 10:50 left to play. The Nittany Lions began a full-court press, slowly chipping away at the Mighty Oaks' lead, getting it down to 13, 72-57 with five minutes left to play. The stifling press led to four more Mighty Oaks turnovers and tied up the game, 72-72 with two minutes left to play. Penn State Wilkes-Barre managed to take the lead, 81-77 with a minute to play. ESF sophomore Dan Treadwell hit a three pointer with nine seconds remaining to pull the Mighty Oaks within one, 81-80. ESF fouled Penn State Wilkes-Barre on the ensuing possession. Penn State Wilkes-Barre hit both free throws to go up 83-80. Junior Austin Duncan's three pointer to tie the game at the buzzer rimmed out.
The men's basketball team falls to 1-2 and will be back in action Nov. 15 at Alfred University.
Recent ESF News
- Annual Career Fair Connects Students and Employers
- Senator Schumer, ESF Officials Support Northern Forest Research Initiative
- ESF Students Sustain with Stories
- Community invited to participate in Westcott Nation research project
- ESF, Clarkson University Name Co-Directors of Center of Excellence on Healthy Water Solutions
- ESF Becomes Tobacco-free Campus
- ESF Professor Joins in Discovery of Thought-to-be Extinct Tortoise
- Dr. Robin Kimmerer’s Braiding Sweetgrass Hits New York Times Best Sellers List
- Articulation Agreement Creates Seamless Pathway from OCC to ESF
- ESF Professor Wins National Award
- Dr. Lemir Teron to Be Honored as Unsung Hero
- New Department Name Reflects Growth in Academic Programs
- ‘Transformational’ Gift from Templeton Foundation Supports Chestnut Restoration
- ESF Professor’s Poetry Book Addresses #MeToo Topics
- AIC Hosts First Day Hike in the Adirondacks
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210