ESF Wreath Brightens Annual Festival of Trees
Wreath celebrates holiday season with Adirondack properties
ESF helped deck the halls for the Everson Museum. The College has donated a decorated wreath to the annual Festival of Trees.
The ESF wreath celebrates the holiday season as experienced from the College's nearly 20,000 acres of teaching, research and demonstration properties within the Adirondacks. The wreath is adorned with ornaments that call to mind winter in the Adirondacks: a sled, an evergreen tree, a kerosene lantern, and acorns to celebrate the identity of the College's new intercollegiate athletic teams - the Mighty Oaks.
ESF operates The Ranger School in Wanakena, where students study forest technology and land surveying technology; the Adirondack Ecological Center in Newcomb, where researchers provide the science that underpins the management of the park; and Pack Demonstration Forest in Warrensburg, which hosts environmental education camps run by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation.
The Festival of Trees runs 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 4-13. This year's festival is being held at the former BonTon location in the Shoppingtown mall, Dewitt. For complete event information, go to http://www.everson.org/events/unwrapped.php
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210