Mighty Oaks Men's Hoops Go 0-2 This Week
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team dropped two games the week of Nov. 17.
The first game on Nov. 18, Marywood University of Scanton, PA overwhelmed the Mighty Oaks 118-33.
The Pacers shot a scorching 60 percent from the field, including connecting on 20 three pointers. The Mighty Oaks were held to 29 percent shooting in the game and were able to connect on only two of 16 three-point attempts.
The only ESF bright spot came from freshman center Tyler Kuhn. The Oneida native came off the bench and chipped in a career-high nine points and pulled down four rebounds.
The second game of the week, the Mighty Oaks faced rivals Cazenovia College and loss a tight game to the Wildcats 98-85.
The first half featured a high-scoring, back-and-forth affair, the Wildcats lead at the half 44-40.
In the second half both teams continued exchanging baskets. A 9-0 run by the Wildcats late in the second half gave Cazenovia a ten point lead. ESF attempted a comeback with a three pointer by Senior Suthod Young to cut the lead to seven but Cazenovia was able to ice the game from the foul line.
Senior Danny MacElrath lead the Mighty Oaks with 20 points and nine rebounds. Freshman center Kuhn also had another strong game with 8 points and 11 rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks will face St. Lawrence University in the first round of the Hamilton College Invitational Classic on Nov. 29.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210