Mighty Oaks Top Albany Pharmacy
Five ESF players score in double digits
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team got a much-needed win, 77-64, over the Panthers of Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Dec. 6.
Right from the opening tip, the Mighty Oaks controlled the game, jumping out to a 13-4 lead. Leading the charge early was senior Daryl Harper, who chipped in five quick points. Harper was playing in his last home game for ESF.
Using a formidable full-court press, the Mighty Oaks forced the Panthers into several turnovers and built a large first-half lead. At the end of the first half, the Mighty Oaks led 44-25. Sophomore Dan Treadwell led ESF with 10 points.
At the start of the second half, the Panthers challenged the Mighty Oaks, applying a full-court press and causing some ESF turnovers. The Panthers got within 10 points but another run by ESF, led by an emphatic put-back slam by freshman center Tyler Kuhn of Oneida, put the Mighty Oaks ahead 58-42. The Mighty Oaks never looked back, going up by as many as 19 and eventually winning the game 77-64.
"We played very well today, our defensive pressure was strong which lead to a lot turnovers and points on offense. This was a good win for the team, we look to continue our strong play on the road next week at Alfred State." said head coach Scott Blair.
ESF had a well-balanced scoring attack lead by Senior Danny MacElrath's 11 points. Treadwell, Kuhn, Sophomore Ryan Caldwell and Junior Sage Beemer all finished with ten points a piece. Senior Suthod Young pulled down 12 rebounds along with nine points.
With the win, the Mighty Oaks improve to 2-8. Their next game is on the road versus Alfred State Dec. 14.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210