Mighty Oaks Hoops Falls to Alfred State
Senior Suthod Young scores 12 points to lead ESF
The ESF men's basketball team fell to Alfred State 69-55 Dec. 14 at the Orvis Activities Center.
The Pioneers jumped out to a quick 17-2 lead in the first half but the Mighty Oaks stormed back with a 22-5 run to take the lead. At the half, the score was knotted up at 32-32.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks struggled with poor shooting while the Pioneers took control of the game coming, away with a 69-55 victory.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell came off the bench to score 12 points and pulled down eight rebounds. Senior Suthod Young also scored 12 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell had four steals.
The Mighty Oaks take the court again at home Jan. 10 versus the Culinary Institute of America.
Recent ESF News
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210