Mighty Oaks Hoops Falls to Alfred State
Senior Suthod Young scores 12 points to lead ESF
The ESF men's basketball team fell to Alfred State 69-55 Dec. 14 at the Orvis Activities Center.
The Pioneers jumped out to a quick 17-2 lead in the first half but the Mighty Oaks stormed back with a 22-5 run to take the lead. At the half, the score was knotted up at 32-32.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks struggled with poor shooting while the Pioneers took control of the game coming, away with a 69-55 victory.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell came off the bench to score 12 points and pulled down eight rebounds. Senior Suthod Young also scored 12 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell had four steals.
The Mighty Oaks take the court again at home Jan. 10 versus the Culinary Institute of America.
Recent ESF News
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210