ESF Big Men Dominate as Mighty Oaks Defeat CIA
Three ESF players tally double-doubles
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team started off the new year with an impressive home win over the Culinary Institute of America Steels Jan. 10.
The Steels got out to a hot-shooting start, leading the Mighty Oaks 23-15 in the first 10 minutes of the opening half and going up by as many as nine points. The Mighty Oaks' offense and defense finally awoke from their slumber as ESF, lead by sophomore Ryan Caldwell, rallied back to take the lead at halftime 33-28.
At the start of the second half, the Steels came within three points after a three-pointer made the score 37-34. However the Mighty Oaks kept their composure and surged ahead, outscoring the Steels 45-21 in the final 15 minutes and winning the game 82-55.
ESF's big men dominated the Steels. The ESF team was led by junior foward Sage Beemer's 23 points and 14 rebounds. Senior forward Suthod Young had 18 points and ten rebounds. Caldwell was two assists shy of a triple-double and finished the game with 16 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists.
The Mighty Oaks travel to Johnson City Jan.15 to take on rival Davis College, currently ranked #9 in USCAA Division II.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210