Men's Hoops Team Goes 0-2 on NYC Road Trip
MacElrath averages 15 points per game in back-to-back contests
The ESF men's basketball team loss both games on a two-day road trip to New York City Jan. 24 and 25.
In the first game versus Berkeley College, played at the Borough of Manhattan Community College in lower Manhattan, the first half featured a close contest with the Knights going into halftime with a 37-28 lead over the Mighty Oaks. At the start of the second half, the Knights went on a furious 13-0 run in the opening 80 seconds to pull ahead 50-28. The Mighty Oaks got within 17 points but a 29-16 run by the Knights over the final 12 minutes of the game sealed the win, 89-59, over ESF. Senior Suthod Young and sophomore Ryan Caldwell led the Mighty Oaks with 13 points apiece. Caldwell also had a team-high nine rebounds. Senior Danny MacElrath also chipped in 12 points.
In the second game versus Vaughn College, played at the Elmcor Recreation Center in Queens, the Warriors used a 57-point first half, including connecting on six three-pointers, to build a 26-point lead over the Mighty Oaks. The Mighty Oaks outscored the Warriors in the second half, 35-33, but the first-half deficit was too large to overcome and the final score was 90-66. MacElrath lead the Mighty Oaks with 18 points. Sophomore Kyler Brown came off the bench to score a double-double, with 10 points and 10 rebounds in 17 minutes of action. Sophomore Dan Treadwell also contributed 12 points.
The Mighty Oaks fell to 4-13 and look to get a win on the road at SUNY Canton Feb. 6.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210