Men's Hoops Team Goes 0-2 on NYC Road Trip
MacElrath averages 15 points per game in back-to-back contests
The ESF men's basketball team loss both games on a two-day road trip to New York City Jan. 24 and 25.
In the first game versus Berkeley College, played at the Borough of Manhattan Community College in lower Manhattan, the first half featured a close contest with the Knights going into halftime with a 37-28 lead over the Mighty Oaks. At the start of the second half, the Knights went on a furious 13-0 run in the opening 80 seconds to pull ahead 50-28. The Mighty Oaks got within 17 points but a 29-16 run by the Knights over the final 12 minutes of the game sealed the win, 89-59, over ESF. Senior Suthod Young and sophomore Ryan Caldwell led the Mighty Oaks with 13 points apiece. Caldwell also had a team-high nine rebounds. Senior Danny MacElrath also chipped in 12 points.
In the second game versus Vaughn College, played at the Elmcor Recreation Center in Queens, the Warriors used a 57-point first half, including connecting on six three-pointers, to build a 26-point lead over the Mighty Oaks. The Mighty Oaks outscored the Warriors in the second half, 35-33, but the first-half deficit was too large to overcome and the final score was 90-66. MacElrath lead the Mighty Oaks with 18 points. Sophomore Kyler Brown came off the bench to score a double-double, with 10 points and 10 rebounds in 17 minutes of action. Sophomore Dan Treadwell also contributed 12 points.
The Mighty Oaks fell to 4-13 and look to get a win on the road at SUNY Canton Feb. 6.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210