Track Team Performs Well at Hamilton Invitational
Gordinier wins women's 60m sprint
The ESF men's and women's indoor track team got off to a great start as it began its 2015 season at the Hamilton Invitational Jan. 31.
The meet pitted ESF against 12 other local colleges. In the women's competition, freshman Shannon Gordinier finished first place overall in the 60m dash with a time of 7.88, a new ESF school record. Gordinier also finished third in the women's 200m dash with a time of 27:38. Other notable finishes for the women's squad were fourth place for sophomore Andrea Szewczyk in the women's 5K with a time of 20:24 and a 13-place finish for junior Samantha Holister in the mile, with a time of 6:11. Junior Rachel Gardner was fourth in the high jump, clearing 1.35m. Freshman Hunter Longenberger was 15th in the women's shot put, with a distance of 8:51m.
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri finished fourth in the 5k with a time of 16:14. Junior Dan McGraw was 12th in the 800m dash with a time of 2:06, freshman Isaac Pruch was eighth in the men's triple jump with a distance of 10:34m and freshman Nick Giordano was 16th in the 400m dash with a time of 54.88.
The track and field team will compete at the Mid Season Classic at SUNY Brockport Feb. 7.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210