Governor Cuomo Speaks at ESF
Governor draws capacity crowd to Gateway Center
N.Y. Governor Andrew Cuomo made a stop at ESF Feb 5 to talk about his 2015 budget proposal.
More than 200 people - members of the college community, local elected officials, and civic and business leaders filled the Gateway Center conference facility to hear the governor speak.
Cuomo called ESF "a great organization" as he began his 45-minute presentation. He focused his speech on proposals involving economic opportunity, education reform, public safety and ethics reform.
He urged the members of the audience to speak out if they support his budget proposal, telling them, "Your voice matters more than anything else."
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210