Basketball Team Falls to Canton in Season Finale
Senior Suthod Young hauls down 17 rebounds
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team fell to the SUNY Canton Roos, 74-57, in its season finale on the road at the Roos House.
The Roos controlled the game right from the start, building a quick 16-2 lead. SUNY Canton would lead by as many as 17 points in the first half but a strong run toward the close of the half brought the Mighty Oaks within nine, 37-26, at the intermission.
SUNY Canton went on a 16-0 run during a four-minute span at the start of the second half to build its lead to 27 points (58-31). The Mighty Oaks fought hard but were not able to overcome the large lead by the Roos.
Senior Suthod Young finished the game with eight points and 17 rebounds, a program record. Sophomore Ryan Caldwell finished with 10 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell finished with nine points and five steals. Senior Danny MacElrath chipped in eight points in his final game as a Mighty Oak.
"SUNY Canton is a strong team and a great defense squad. I was proud of our defensive effort holding a great team like SUNY Canton under 40 percent shooting. I am very pleased with our team this season; effort was never an issue. This group always showed up ready to play," said Head Coach Scott Blair.
The men's basketball team finished its season with a 5-14 overall record.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210