Basketball Team Falls to Canton in Season Finale
Senior Suthod Young hauls down 17 rebounds
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team fell to the SUNY Canton Roos, 74-57, in its season finale on the road at the Roos House.
The Roos controlled the game right from the start, building a quick 16-2 lead. SUNY Canton would lead by as many as 17 points in the first half but a strong run toward the close of the half brought the Mighty Oaks within nine, 37-26, at the intermission.
SUNY Canton went on a 16-0 run during a four-minute span at the start of the second half to build its lead to 27 points (58-31). The Mighty Oaks fought hard but were not able to overcome the large lead by the Roos.
Senior Suthod Young finished the game with eight points and 17 rebounds, a program record. Sophomore Ryan Caldwell finished with 10 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell finished with nine points and five steals. Senior Danny MacElrath chipped in eight points in his final game as a Mighty Oak.
"SUNY Canton is a strong team and a great defense squad. I was proud of our defensive effort holding a great team like SUNY Canton under 40 percent shooting. I am very pleased with our team this season; effort was never an issue. This group always showed up ready to play," said Head Coach Scott Blair.
The men's basketball team finished its season with a 5-14 overall record.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210