Freshman Shines at Deneault Memorial Invitational
Gordinier fourth in 60-meter dash
Freshman phenom Shannon Gordinier continued her high level of performance in the 60-meter dash at the Marc Deneault Memorial Invitational at Cornell University Feb. 21.
Gordinier finished in fourth place, competing against several athletes from Division I programs. Her time of 7.74 seconds puts her in a tie for third place nationally among all Division III schools. Gordinier also captured a top-10 finish in the women's 200-meter dash (sixth, 26.21).
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri finished in 17th place with a time of 2:02 out of 34 runners in the men's 800-meter run. The men's 4x800-meter relay team consisting of junior Dan McGraw, sophomore Ryan Mackerer, freshman Nick Giordano and Arcuri finished in third place out of eight teams with a time of 8:29.
The Mighty Oaks track and field team will compete next at the Alfred State Outdoor Invitational April 4.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210