Freshman Shines at Deneault Memorial Invitational
Gordinier fourth in 60-meter dash
Freshman phenom Shannon Gordinier continued her high level of performance in the 60-meter dash at the Marc Deneault Memorial Invitational at Cornell University Feb. 21.
Gordinier finished in fourth place, competing against several athletes from Division I programs. Her time of 7.74 seconds puts her in a tie for third place nationally among all Division III schools. Gordinier also captured a top-10 finish in the women's 200-meter dash (sixth, 26.21).
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri finished in 17th place with a time of 2:02 out of 34 runners in the men's 800-meter run. The men's 4x800-meter relay team consisting of junior Dan McGraw, sophomore Ryan Mackerer, freshman Nick Giordano and Arcuri finished in third place out of eight teams with a time of 8:29.
The Mighty Oaks track and field team will compete next at the Alfred State Outdoor Invitational April 4.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210