ESF Senior Honored at National STEM Conference
CSTEP student Danielle Berry wins second place for poster
ESF senior and Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) student Danielle Berry won second place for her poster presentation in the chemistry and chemical sciences category at the Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics conference in Washington, D.C.
This national conference for undergraduate and graduate science students, held Feb. 19 thorugh 21, is hosted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the National Science Foundation. Four ESF CSTEP students and their advisor attended the conference designed to prepare college students for science careers in the global workforce.
Berry's poster, titled "Synthesis of Cyclopropyl Inhibitors of Invertebrate Sterol Metabolism," described research she did last summer in Dr. Jose Giner's laboratory, creating tools to explore the inhibitory effects that algal sterols have on the metabolism of arthropods in the marine food web.
Berry is considering furthering her education in the field of environmental chemistry.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210