ESF Senior Honored at National STEM Conference
CSTEP student Danielle Berry wins second place for poster
ESF senior and Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) student Danielle Berry won second place for her poster presentation in the chemistry and chemical sciences category at the Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics conference in Washington, D.C.
This national conference for undergraduate and graduate science students, held Feb. 19 thorugh 21, is hosted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the National Science Foundation. Four ESF CSTEP students and their advisor attended the conference designed to prepare college students for science careers in the global workforce.
Berry's poster, titled "Synthesis of Cyclopropyl Inhibitors of Invertebrate Sterol Metabolism," described research she did last summer in Dr. Jose Giner's laboratory, creating tools to explore the inhibitory effects that algal sterols have on the metabolism of arthropods in the marine food web.
Berry is considering furthering her education in the field of environmental chemistry.
Recent ESF News
- SUNY ESF Launches Advanced Program in Environmental Communication, Public Relations
- ESF’s Center for Native Peoples and the Environment and The Nature Conservancy Embark on Transformational Partnership
- Trailhead Café Steps Up Sustainability Effort
- ESF in Top 5 of Sierra Magazine Cool Schools List
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- Dr. John Stella Named Vice President of Research
- Experts from ESF, SUNY Upstate Join Rep. Katko to Highlight Efforts to Combat Tick-borne Illness
- Malmsheimer Honored with Matt McArdle Excellence in Bioenergy Award
- Popular @SyracuseHistory Instagram Page Features Marshall Hall
- Great Lakes Piping Plovers Boosted by ESF Research
- Music from Their Ears
- Dr. Malika Carter Honored with Harriet Tubman Freedom Award
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Nominates, NYS Senate Confirms, ESF’s Newest Trustee, Oluwole “OJ” McFoy
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along California’s Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210