ESF Senior Honored at National STEM Conference
CSTEP student Danielle Berry wins second place for poster
ESF senior and Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) student Danielle Berry won second place for her poster presentation in the chemistry and chemical sciences category at the Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics conference in Washington, D.C.
This national conference for undergraduate and graduate science students, held Feb. 19 thorugh 21, is hosted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the National Science Foundation. Four ESF CSTEP students and their advisor attended the conference designed to prepare college students for science careers in the global workforce.
Berry's poster, titled "Synthesis of Cyclopropyl Inhibitors of Invertebrate Sterol Metabolism," described research she did last summer in Dr. Jose Giner's laboratory, creating tools to explore the inhibitory effects that algal sterols have on the metabolism of arthropods in the marine food web.
Berry is considering furthering her education in the field of environmental chemistry.
Recent ESF News
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
- Dr. Kimmerer Elected Member of American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- ESF Launches Master of Engineering Degree
- Paper Engineering Students Give Office Paper Second Life
- Mighty Oaks Track Team Returns to the Track
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Recycling Website on Earth Day
- City and County Mark April 22 as SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Honored With Chancellorís Award for Student Excellence
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNYís 2021 Mascot Madness
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210