LEED Platinum Plaque Gets Place of Honor in Gateway
Unveiling helps kick off Green Building Conference
One of the top priorities for the construction of the ESF Gateway Center was to meet the industry's highest standards for energy and environmental design.
That meant an innovative design to use the least amount of energy possible to heat, cool and light the building. It meant incorporating an innovative combined heat-and-power system using a combination of wood pellets and natural gas, and a unique green roof that is a mix of native plant species.
The effort was successful and the Gateway Center was awarded LEED Platinum certification, the highest standard set by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). When green building professionals gathered in Syracuse March 11 -13 for the 13th annual New York State Green Building Conference, USGBC CEO Rick Fedrizzi helped ESF leaders unveil the plaque. Fedrizzi was joined by President Quentin Wheeler; Vita DeMarchi, chair of the ESF Board of Trustees; ESF Trustee Matthew Marko; and Tracie Hall, executive director of the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210