Mighty Oaks Runners Compete in the Mountain Goat Run
Six ESF runners place in the top 25
It may be the off-season but the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country runners showed they're still in peak form. Six team members participated May 3 in the 2015 Mountain Goat Run and all of them finished in the top 25.
Because of its hilly course and abrupt changes in elevation, the Mountain Goat race is considered one of the most difficult 10-mile road races in the nation. Each year the race attracts thousands of runners, including top international talent. This year, more than 2,000 runners participated in the race.
Graduate student and cross-country All-American Timothy Callahan finished in eighth place with a time of 58:05. Sophomore Peter LeDuc finished in 13th place with a time of 1:01:03.
Other finishers were junior Stephen Slonosky (20th, 1:03:23), senior Malcolm Moncheur (21st, 1:03:40), junior Tom Arcuri (23rd, 1:04:15) and junior Dan McGraw (24th, 1:04:16).
From the women's squad, senior Cambria Ziemer also participated in the race and finished in a time of 1:23:20.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210