Mighty Oaks Runners Compete in the Mountain Goat Run
Six ESF runners place in the top 25
It may be the off-season but the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country runners showed they're still in peak form. Six team members participated May 3 in the 2015 Mountain Goat Run and all of them finished in the top 25.
Because of its hilly course and abrupt changes in elevation, the Mountain Goat race is considered one of the most difficult 10-mile road races in the nation. Each year the race attracts thousands of runners, including top international talent. This year, more than 2,000 runners participated in the race.
Graduate student and cross-country All-American Timothy Callahan finished in eighth place with a time of 58:05. Sophomore Peter LeDuc finished in 13th place with a time of 1:01:03.
Other finishers were junior Stephen Slonosky (20th, 1:03:23), senior Malcolm Moncheur (21st, 1:03:40), junior Tom Arcuri (23rd, 1:04:15) and junior Dan McGraw (24th, 1:04:16).
From the women's squad, senior Cambria Ziemer also participated in the race and finished in a time of 1:23:20.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210