A First and Second Place for ESF Woodsmen's Team
ESF hosted the 5th annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup
The video associated with this story has been removed. Contact email@example.com if you need further information.
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry Woodsmen's Team hosted the fifth annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup March 27 at the College's Lafayette Road Experiment Station.
Teams from Finger Lakes Community College, Paul Smith's College, Penn State University, SUNY Cobleskill and Alfred State College competed.
The ESF women took first place in their competition, ahead of Paul Smith's in second place and Finger Lakes Community College in third. The men's team came in second. Paul Smith's College finished first in the men's division and Finger Lakes was third.
Finishing first through third in the co-ed Jack-and-Jill competition were Alfred, Cobleskill and Paul Smith's.
Woodmen's competitions feature contests in traditional logging techniques, including horizontal chop, ax throw and pole climb.
Upcoming Woodsmen team events:
- Mud Meet, April 9-11, hosted by Colby College, Waterville, Me.
- Spring Meet, April 23-24, hosted by Paul Smith's College
Recent ESF News
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210