ESF Athletes Honored by SUNY Chancellor
Ziemer, Miller honored for achievements on and off the field
SYRACUSE - Two ESF athletes were named 2014-15 Scholar Athletes by SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher.
Cambria Ziemer and Ashley Miller were recognized for their outstanding academic excellence and athletic achievement.
Ziemer, a May 2015 graduate of the college's environmental resources engineering (ERE) program, was a member of the women's cross-country team. She is from Boise, Idaho.
Miller is a May 2015 graduate from Webster, New York. She majored in ERE and was a member of the women's soccer team.
"The SUNY scholar athletes are some of our most exemplary students, having achieved the highest levels of success not only in class but in their respective sports," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "Congratulations to each of the students recognized for these achievements over the past year, and thank you to the many professors, coaches, and staff across SUNY who support them."
In order to be considered for this award, student-athletes were nominated by their campus athletic director. Nominees' academic credentials and athletic accomplishments were then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across the SUNY system and members of the provost's office.
SUNY campuses host more than 85 NCAA Division I teams, 290 NCAA Division III teams, 385 NJCAA teams and hundreds of non-competitive clubs.
Congratulations to all.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210