ESF Athletes Honored by SUNY Chancellor
Ziemer, Miller honored for achievements on and off the field
SYRACUSE - Two ESF athletes were named 2014-15 Scholar Athletes by SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher.
Cambria Ziemer and Ashley Miller were recognized for their outstanding academic excellence and athletic achievement.
Ziemer, a May 2015 graduate of the college's environmental resources engineering (ERE) program, was a member of the women's cross-country team. She is from Boise, Idaho.
Miller is a May 2015 graduate from Webster, New York. She majored in ERE and was a member of the women's soccer team.
"The SUNY scholar athletes are some of our most exemplary students, having achieved the highest levels of success not only in class but in their respective sports," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "Congratulations to each of the students recognized for these achievements over the past year, and thank you to the many professors, coaches, and staff across SUNY who support them."
In order to be considered for this award, student-athletes were nominated by their campus athletic director. Nominees' academic credentials and athletic accomplishments were then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across the SUNY system and members of the provost's office.
SUNY campuses host more than 85 NCAA Division I teams, 290 NCAA Division III teams, 385 NJCAA teams and hundreds of non-competitive clubs.
Congratulations to all.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210