ESF Bass Fishing Team Places 4th at Tournament
Team wins $500 in prize money
The ESF bass fishing team finished in a strong fourth place among 15 schools at the 2015 FLW (Fish League Worldwide) College Northern Conference Tournament at Chautauqua Lake in Jamestown, New York, Aug. 1.
The four-member contingent from the ESF bass fishing team was split up into two groups: juniors Jacob Ball and Ethan Hall. and junior Luke Matt and sophomore Caleb Konrad.
The team relied on a dock fishing pattern using senkos and jig lures. The duo of Ball and Hall finished the tournament with a combined catch of 11pounds, 6 ounces, earning them a fourth-place finish and a $500 prize for the club.
The team compete will Sept. 12 and 13 in another FLW-sponsored college tournament in the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210