Come Visit ESF at the New York State Fair
Wildlife, water, business and maple syrup highlight ESF’s fair presence
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will again bring hands-on science to the New York State Fair.
The college will showcase its Roosevelt Wild Life Collection and Department of Environmental and Forest Biology as part of the SUNY exhibit located in the Science and Technology Building on opening day of the fair, Aug. 27. ESF will display specimens of some of the birds, mammals, fishes, reptiles and amphibians found throughout North America from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Also on opening day, ESF will highlight its partnership with Windsor Wood USA at the StartUP NY exhibit from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The START-UP NY program, begun by Governor Andrew Cuomo, provides companies with a number of tax-related benefits when they expand or relocate to the state. In addition, the companies partner with universities and set up their operations on or near university campuses.
The Great Lakes Research Consortium, with ESF and New York Sea Grant, will be at the fair for all 12 days and will be located in the New York State Parks area. This exhibit will present activities focused on water quality monitoring as well as broadcasting weather information daily from a buoy located in the park's reflecting pond. The exhibit is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As a sweet way to round out the college's State Fair presence, the ESF College Bookstore/Alumni Office will be at the Taste of New York area Sept. 4 offering samples of the college's maple syrup along with maple cotton candy and maple cream. The Taste of New York tent is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and is located inside the main gate of the fair.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210