Come Visit ESF at the New York State Fair
Wildlife, water, business and maple syrup highlight ESF’s fair presence
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will again bring hands-on science to the New York State Fair.
The college will showcase its Roosevelt Wild Life Collection and Department of Environmental and Forest Biology as part of the SUNY exhibit located in the Science and Technology Building on opening day of the fair, Aug. 27. ESF will display specimens of some of the birds, mammals, fishes, reptiles and amphibians found throughout North America from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Also on opening day, ESF will highlight its partnership with Windsor Wood USA at the StartUP NY exhibit from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The START-UP NY program, begun by Governor Andrew Cuomo, provides companies with a number of tax-related benefits when they expand or relocate to the state. In addition, the companies partner with universities and set up their operations on or near university campuses.
The Great Lakes Research Consortium, with ESF and New York Sea Grant, will be at the fair for all 12 days and will be located in the New York State Parks area. This exhibit will present activities focused on water quality monitoring as well as broadcasting weather information daily from a buoy located in the park's reflecting pond. The exhibit is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As a sweet way to round out the college's State Fair presence, the ESF College Bookstore/Alumni Office will be at the Taste of New York area Sept. 4 offering samples of the college's maple syrup along with maple cotton candy and maple cream. The Taste of New York tent is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and is located inside the main gate of the fair.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210