Come Visit ESF at the New York State Fair
Wildlife, water, business and maple syrup highlight ESF’s fair presence
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will again bring hands-on science to the New York State Fair.
The college will showcase its Roosevelt Wild Life Collection and Department of Environmental and Forest Biology as part of the SUNY exhibit located in the Science and Technology Building on opening day of the fair, Aug. 27. ESF will display specimens of some of the birds, mammals, fishes, reptiles and amphibians found throughout North America from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Also on opening day, ESF will highlight its partnership with Windsor Wood USA at the StartUP NY exhibit from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The START-UP NY program, begun by Governor Andrew Cuomo, provides companies with a number of tax-related benefits when they expand or relocate to the state. In addition, the companies partner with universities and set up their operations on or near university campuses.
The Great Lakes Research Consortium, with ESF and New York Sea Grant, will be at the fair for all 12 days and will be located in the New York State Parks area. This exhibit will present activities focused on water quality monitoring as well as broadcasting weather information daily from a buoy located in the park's reflecting pond. The exhibit is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As a sweet way to round out the college's State Fair presence, the ESF College Bookstore/Alumni Office will be at the Taste of New York area Sept. 4 offering samples of the college's maple syrup along with maple cotton candy and maple cream. The Taste of New York tent is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and is located inside the main gate of the fair.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210