Women's Soccer Team Defeat Cazenovia College
Improve to 2-0 for the season
On a beautiful fall afternoon for soccer, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer team took the field against the Wildcats of Cazenovia College Sept. 11.
ESF got on the board quickly when junior All-American Heather Carl bombed a shot from 20 feet out directly into the back of the net. Carl is known for her deep shot prowess. Less than 10 minutes later, senior Bryony Striffler received a nice pass from sophomore Natalee Wrege and chipped the ball into the goal to put the Mighty Oaks up 2-0.
The second half was controlled mostly by ESF. Several Mighty Oaks had scoring chances including a spectacular diving header by Carl that just went wide.
Sophomore goalkeeper Megan Herbst, filling in for starting goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer, who is out with a strained knee, played a strong game protecting the net and earning a shutout. ESF won with the final score of 2-0 over Cazenovia.
The women's team improves to 2-0 and will play SUNY Delhi Sept. 19.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210