Golf Team Finishes 6th at Canton Invitational
Players improve scores at Oswego
The Mighty Oaks men's golf team finished in sixth place at the 2015 SUNY Canton Invitational Sept. 19 at Partridge Run Golf & Country Club.
Senior Alex Brown finished first for ESF with a score of 83, 11 over par. Brown's score of 83 placed him in a tie for fifth place overall out 31 individual competitors.
Senior Brian Walsh finished second for the Mighty Oaks with a score of 92 followed by graduate student Bob Moesch with a score of 96.
On Sept. 21, the team traveled to Oswego to participate in the 18th Annual Oswego State Invite. The squad was competitive, with many players improving on individual scores. The team finished eighth out of nine schools.
Brown again came in first for ESF with a score of 83, tying his score from the Canton outing. Walsh was second with a score of 88, improving his score by four strokes. Moesch again finished third with an improved score of 90.
The golfers will compete again Sept. 26-27 when they travel to Livonia, New York, for a two-day tournament hosted by the National Collegiate Club Golf Association.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210