Golf Team Finishes 6th at Canton Invitational
Players improve scores at Oswego
The Mighty Oaks men's golf team finished in sixth place at the 2015 SUNY Canton Invitational Sept. 19 at Partridge Run Golf & Country Club.
Senior Alex Brown finished first for ESF with a score of 83, 11 over par. Brown's score of 83 placed him in a tie for fifth place overall out 31 individual competitors.
Senior Brian Walsh finished second for the Mighty Oaks with a score of 92 followed by graduate student Bob Moesch with a score of 96.
On Sept. 21, the team traveled to Oswego to participate in the 18th Annual Oswego State Invite. The squad was competitive, with many players improving on individual scores. The team finished eighth out of nine schools.
Brown again came in first for ESF with a score of 83, tying his score from the Canton outing. Walsh was second with a score of 88, improving his score by four strokes. Moesch again finished third with an improved score of 90.
The golfers will compete again Sept. 26-27 when they travel to Livonia, New York, for a two-day tournament hosted by the National Collegiate Club Golf Association.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210