GCI Finalist in “Green of the Crop” Contest
ESF Green Campus Initiative recognized for environmental efforts
The video associated with this story has been removed. Contact email@example.com if you need further information.
The Green Campus Initiative, a student organization dedicated to making ESF a greener and more sustainable institution, was named first runner-up in the inaugural "Green of the Crop" contest sponsored by The Amos Project, Clean Tech Center, CNY Works, Earthsense, MDA, New York's Creative Core, Syracuse Center of Excellence, and The Post Standard/Green CNY.
Thirteen finalists were selected from 85 nominees based on the environmental impact of their work, as well as creativity and innovation. Winners were named in four categories during the awards presentation, April 23, 2010. The ESF Green Campus Initiative was named first runner-up in the education category while the Syracuse City School District's Go Green project took first place.
Some of the Green Campus Initiative projects include an installing an aerated composting system, running an Earth Day Waste Audit, promoting recycling and biking.
More information about the ESF Green Campus Initiative is available at www.esf.edu/org/gci/default.html.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210