EPA Regional Administrator to Speak Oct. 6 at ESF
Public invited to hear Judith Enck present ‘Climate Change: A Call to Action’
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regional Administrator Judith Enck will deliver a short talk and presentation titled, "Climate Change: A Call to Action," at ESF Oct. 6. Enck's remarks will be followed by a discussion question-and-answer period.
The public is invited to attend the speech and discussion, which will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2015, in Event Space A and B in the Gateway Center, 1 Forestry Drive, on the ESF campus.
During her presentation, Enck will describe the scope of the problems presented by climate change, major steps the EPA is taking to fight climate change, and tips on how students and active community members can help. The event is free, and college and high school students and the general public are encouraged to attend.
In addition to the public presentation, Enck's visit to ESF will include a meeting with the Onondaga Lake Watershed Partnership and a meeting with a class of ESF environmental studies students. The regional administrator's visit is sponsored by the ESF Department of Environmental Studies and EST 426.
Enck was appointed EPA Region 2 administrator by President Barack Obama in 2009. Previously, she was deputy secretary for the environment in the New York State Governor's Office. As Regional Administrator, Enck administers federal programs governing air and water pollution; industrial discharges; toxic substances; pesticides; protection of streams, lakes and the ocean; solid and hazardous wastes; and the cleanup of chemical spills and abandoned hazardous waste sites.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210