Men's Soccer Team Defeat Davis College
Strong first half propels the Mighty Oaks to a win
The Mighty Oaks were on the road against HVIAC foe Davis College on Sept. 30. ESF scored three goals in the first half to build commanding lead over the Falcons. ESF went on to win 4-0.
Sophomore Chris Schiavone got the Mighty Oaks on the board first with a goal at the 29-minute mark. Six minutes later, junior Jorge Guarin knocked in another goal compliments of a nice assist from Schiavone, giving ESF an early 2-0 lead.
Junior Zack Reda added another goal at the 37-minute mark of the first half. Reda and Guarin are tied with four goals a piece this season.
Davis College was aggressively looking to score in the second half but the Mighty Oaks defense held off the Falcon attack. Senior Jamie Eddings added another goal at the 85-minute mark to give ESF a 4-0 lead.
Sophomore goal keeper Cameron Schiavone picked up a shutout, his fourth of the season.
With the win, the men's team improve to 4-4 overall and 4-1 in HVIAC conference play. The men are back in action in another HVIAC contest against Culinary Institute on Oct. 3.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210