Men's Soccer Team Defeat Davis College
Strong first half propels the Mighty Oaks to a win
The Mighty Oaks were on the road against HVIAC foe Davis College on Sept. 30. ESF scored three goals in the first half to build commanding lead over the Falcons. ESF went on to win 4-0.
Sophomore Chris Schiavone got the Mighty Oaks on the board first with a goal at the 29-minute mark. Six minutes later, junior Jorge Guarin knocked in another goal compliments of a nice assist from Schiavone, giving ESF an early 2-0 lead.
Junior Zack Reda added another goal at the 37-minute mark of the first half. Reda and Guarin are tied with four goals a piece this season.
Davis College was aggressively looking to score in the second half but the Mighty Oaks defense held off the Falcon attack. Senior Jamie Eddings added another goal at the 85-minute mark to give ESF a 4-0 lead.
Sophomore goal keeper Cameron Schiavone picked up a shutout, his fourth of the season.
With the win, the men's team improve to 4-4 overall and 4-1 in HVIAC conference play. The men are back in action in another HVIAC contest against Culinary Institute on Oct. 3.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210