Women's Soccer Team Ties Broome Community
Mighty Oaks 6-1-1 for the season
The Mighty Oaks women's soccer team finished with a 1-1 tie in a non-conference match against Broome Community College Oct. 7.
Both teams played an energetic contest, looking for opportunities to score.
In the 18th minute, junior Heather Carl found the back of the net after a free kick that was awarded about 25 yards from the Hornets' net. Carl lofted a ball toward the back of the goal just out of the reach of Hornets' goal keeper. It was Carl's sixth goal of the season. Less than two minutes later, at the 20th minute, Broome answered with a shot in the far net for the tying goal.
Both squads fought hard in the second half but neither could capitalize on any opportunities. The Hornets held a slight edge in shots (11-10). The Mighty Oaks welcomed back All-American goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer who missed the last six games with a knee injury. Hilmer had fives saves for the Mighty Oaks.
The Mighty Oaks will be in action next in the fifth annual Barkeater Cup vs. Paul Smith's College Oct. 9.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210