Basketball team falls to OCC
Poor second-half shooting plagues Mighty Oaks
The ESF men's basketball team fell to the Lazers of Onondaga Community College 83-62 at Allyn Hall Gymnasium Nov. 18.
The game had a similar storyline to the Mighty Oaks 85-56 loss to OCC last season: strong first half, poor second half.
In the first half, junior transfer Jared Bard provided some hot shooting, hitting three three-pointers. The Mighty Oaks led 21-16 late in the first half. The Lazers rallied back to take a 37-36 lead at the half.
In the second half, the combination of OCC's aggressive 2-3 zone defense and poor shooting was troublesome for the Mighty Oaks. They fell behind almost 20 points at times and ended the game in a 83-62 loss. Bard scored a game and career high 21 points, including five three-pointers.
The Mighty Oaks fall to 0-5 and look to pick up their first win of the season against USCAA opponent Penn State Worthington Scranton in their home opener Nov. 21 at Institute of Technology at Syracuse Central.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210