Basketball team falls to OCC
Poor second-half shooting plagues Mighty Oaks
The ESF men's basketball team fell to the Lazers of Onondaga Community College 83-62 at Allyn Hall Gymnasium Nov. 18.
The game had a similar storyline to the Mighty Oaks 85-56 loss to OCC last season: strong first half, poor second half.
In the first half, junior transfer Jared Bard provided some hot shooting, hitting three three-pointers. The Mighty Oaks led 21-16 late in the first half. The Lazers rallied back to take a 37-36 lead at the half.
In the second half, the combination of OCC's aggressive 2-3 zone defense and poor shooting was troublesome for the Mighty Oaks. They fell behind almost 20 points at times and ended the game in a 83-62 loss. Bard scored a game and career high 21 points, including five three-pointers.
The Mighty Oaks fall to 0-5 and look to pick up their first win of the season against USCAA opponent Penn State Worthington Scranton in their home opener Nov. 21 at Institute of Technology at Syracuse Central.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210