Basketball team falls to OCC
Poor second-half shooting plagues Mighty Oaks
The ESF men's basketball team fell to the Lazers of Onondaga Community College 83-62 at Allyn Hall Gymnasium Nov. 18.
The game had a similar storyline to the Mighty Oaks 85-56 loss to OCC last season: strong first half, poor second half.
In the first half, junior transfer Jared Bard provided some hot shooting, hitting three three-pointers. The Mighty Oaks led 21-16 late in the first half. The Lazers rallied back to take a 37-36 lead at the half.
In the second half, the combination of OCC's aggressive 2-3 zone defense and poor shooting was troublesome for the Mighty Oaks. They fell behind almost 20 points at times and ended the game in a 83-62 loss. Bard scored a game and career high 21 points, including five three-pointers.
The Mighty Oaks fall to 0-5 and look to pick up their first win of the season against USCAA opponent Penn State Worthington Scranton in their home opener Nov. 21 at Institute of Technology at Syracuse Central.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210